My own journey to motherhood made me aware of just how under-served our community of mothers is. I now dedicate my life to that each parent feel supported while navigating the individual path through pregnancy, childbirth, and beyond. I am honored to be by your side every step of the way.
What is a doula?
A great doula is truly in service of the mother and partner, and is there to offer you support in the manner that best suits YOU! Depending on your needs, your doula CAN:
- Offer evidence-based information
- Support you in making informed decisions
- Aid you in writing a birth plan/preference
- Help you learn ways to manage intense sensations during labor
- Offer physical touch to ease discomfort in labor
- Offer emotional support throughout pregnancy, labor and beyond
- Support your birthing partner
- And so much more
Why a doula?
Evidence shows, having continuous labor support, the laboring person has:
- Boosted self esteem and confidence during labor
- Improved relaxation through comfort and relaxation
- Decreased anxiety during labor
- Improved postpartum mental health and lactation support
- Greater satisfaction with overall birth experience
What I offer:
After you choose me as your birth doula, you can expect:
- 1-2 prenatal visits in your home
- Continuous communication in the days leading up to labor
- Physical, emotional and educational support during and after labor
- 1-2 postpartum visits in your home
- Full access to lending library
- Rebozo use during pregnancy and labor
- And more, depending on your needs and wants
The investment for my services is $900. I offer flexible payment plans, and always a free consultation.